Friday, July 30, 2010

2000th blog

Today marks the 2000th time I have sat down to share my thoughts with anyone who will read them.  Back to the main purpose of Musings:  So that my grandchildren will know more about me as they grow up and can assimilate what I have written.

 That first blog on May 27, 2004 concerned a night of good sleep after several nights of not sleeping because of the pain in my leg.    Well, not much has changed--still having trouble sleeping because of the pain in my legs.  Wonder when I am going to do something about those knees?  Although the pain I am now having is from a different cause--it still affords me the opportunity to be up at 11:30, 2:00, 4:00, 5:30, 6:30 and finally out of bed at 7:30.  Who said growing old was fun!!!!

Not to have this blog totally negative, my life in Nashville is wonderful and I love it.  EXCEPT for the heat wave we are suffering now--I might as well be in Texas--my toes are generally in the house these days.

I am trying to read Gone with the Wind again--it is the summer book for our club. I am on chapter 17; maybe if I read three chapters a day, I can finish it next year. Wow is it long!  However, I have not gotten the feeling I often do with long books that it needed lots of editing.  Mitchell tells her story well, keeps the reader moving and inserts pertinent history very well..  I am enjoying it.  I am longing for a REALLY GOOD book to round out the summer.  Haven't found one yet.

Nothing profound today.

No comments: