Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paul Newman

It's time to get serious. I guess one knows when aging comes because your favorite movie stars start dying. But Paul Newman!!!!! Still handsome at 80--and married 50 years to his lovely wife. A life full of accolades and tears with the death of his son from drugs. He gave millions away in his son's name for the benefit of others. My favorite quote: When asked if he had ever cheated on his wife Joanne, he said, "I have steak at home, why should I go looking for hamburger?" He and his wife lived a very circumspect life far away from Hollywood in Connecticut.



I used to have a poster of him in my office, when I had one. Those eyes and that smile--mmmm. Brad Pitt doesn't even come close. I loved him in Butch Cassidy and The Sting and many others. I shall miss watching him.

No comments: