Thursday, September 20, 2007

God's Treasure

Last night as I served communion, I was asked to say "Your are God's treasure." So true. Ginger complained that my use of "hunk of dirt" was not consistent with my message on the former blog--I must corral my use of hyperbole--but even that usage is marvelous.

We are made of dust, says the Bible several times. I love James Weldon Johnson's picture of a "Mammy" bending down in the river making a child in his poem "The Creation". But you see, even though we are made of dust and all of our parts together would not cost over $3.00, we are wonderously made to fit into God's world and to fit with each other. Just a surface study of anatomy is enough to convince most of us that God intended us to be very special.

We are His Treasure and He is our artistic, scientific, imaginative Creator.

No comments: