Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Day

We had a good start to the New Year. The family was orginally scheduled to come to my house, but considering what a late New Year's Eve they all had, I took the food to them: Ben Barnes' Blackeye Pea Soup, turnip greens, cornbread, and apple pie with Blue Bell Ice Cream. I thought it was feast myself. The soup dates back to a second grade teacher at Austin Elem. Debbie Vines 1985. It is one of my favorite soup recipes...still thanking you, Debbie.

I spent the day cutting out paper dolls for Ella, playing Maddie's new video game with her, and clowning around with Sam--can't beat that! We ended the day by watching Elf--how funny it is and profound at the same time. Oh, yes, we also put puzzles together. One that I got for Maddie for Christmas which was rated for 5-7 year olds took Brandon and me a long time to finish! Puzzles are a long time tradition for the Thomases. We used to have a card table set up in our living room holding the current puzzle. (That was before Brandon). Sam loved to decoupage the puzzle when we were done. Some were very nice--works of art.

Happy, happy new year everybody!

No comments: