Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The good old days

Ecc. 7:10 says, "Do not say, 'Why were the old days better than these?' For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Nevertheless on Sunday we discussed the "good old days". What were they for you?

I think for me some of them were probably those days in the early 70's when we were settling into a new house in the country with a new little red-haired boy. Sam was a new principal and I was the librarian at Madison Middle School. We had all sorts of new challenges and happiness. I would say, however, that each minute I live since 1997 when I had cancer is good and treasured for its moments.

In these political and war-weary days, we must say with the person who prayed this prayer: "Lord, forgive us for our narrowness of vision which sees only the clouds and misses the rainbow.

No comments: