Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Books, books, books

I finally broke down and bought another book case. There was only one possible wall in my bedroom for it, and that's behind a door, but it sits there as evidence to my addiction to spiritual reading.

For a librarian, there is disquiet in seeing book shelves crammed, stacked and running over--so much nicer to see the books with space to breathe and arranged so that one can read all the spines.

It still gives me pleasure 45 years after being certified as a librarian to put books in order ( now only by author). I am not obsessive enough to put them in Dewey order anymore.

As I went through and moved the books, I was saddened by the number of books I own that I have not read--will there be enough time to do it? I hope so--some of them are very good.

Is this similar to the man who built bigger barns? I hope not, because I have a list of books to buy soon.

No comments: