Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Magazines

I have been trying to catch up on my magazine reading. I take too many magazines I know, but again they seem to mirror my interests and obsessions like my books.

I got to counting up the other day and was astonished to find just how many I did take. I have taken Time for many years and find I cannot do without it, although I am often a month behind in reading it. Then there is Country Living, Mary Englebrite's Home Companion, Tea Time, Cook's Country, AARP Magazine, Kraft's Food and Family (free and highly recommended for great recipes). I recently dropped Worship Leader Magazine for Discipleship Journal. I dropped Christianity Today this year too. A new one I had added is Grand (all about being grandparents). Another new one is Writer for which I dropped Southern Living ( I was not getting much from it but recipes which I never used). Then there are the book review magazines Bookmarks and Pages. I think that is 12.

There is the occasional ACU Alumni Magazine and Christian Chronicle. This year I tried Reader's Digest again--dropped it very soon. Nice Bathroom reading, but not good for much else.

Like I say, I am trying to catch up on all that reading. Then there is the stack of new books beside my chair I have trying to get to...is this an obsession or what???

No comments: