Thursday, March 09, 2006

It started as a joke....

I'm so glad the authorities have finally caught the criminals who were burning churches in Alabama. I am just sorry that nine were destroyed by the college men who said that "it all started as a joke that got out of hand..."

What is so funny about burning a church down? I fail to see the humor in wealthy college students taking a place of worship away from poor country folks. In many of the scenes of the fires shown on TV, people were weeping as their church smoldered.

Forgive me, I think the devil is at work in the unlikliest of places and in the minds of those who should know better. Two of the young men attended a quasi-religious school, so one might surmise that they did know better. It will be interesting to see how their story plays out.

No comments: