Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Back Home in Tennessee

It is nice to be back home after spending 10 days in Abilene. It is even nicer to be back to my bed!

Good times there with friends, church and food. I ate Mexican food twice at El Fenix and Casa Herrera. That will have to do me until I return--no hope here of Tex-Mex. Church was wonderful, although I did miss the worship team at Otter.Hearing Mike speak at the Lectures was wonderful especially since he did not preach on Sunday.

The class I attended (my old class) is studying spiritual direction under David Wray ;it was top notch. Highland is so blessed to have good teachers.

My former small group met Sunday night and that was a blessing--such good people with the hearts of Christ.

And then there was the typical Abilene Weather. 20 degrees when we arrived and 86 when I departed with snow, rain, and wind in between.

My spiritual formation group met twice--also a blessing. Kaye, Jeanenne and Shirley Baber(who has taken my place at the table)are very special women of God.

Sunday morning at the communion, Charles Mattis, his wife Mary Lee and son Landon led. They had moved in their kitchen table which had belonged to his grandmother, and we were all invited to join them around it in fellowship (figuratively). There are so many creative ways to share the communion; I don't know why we still insist on sitting behind each other and passing trays. Even as I grouse, I think of those small groups still gathering around one cup.

All in all a wonderful week. My friends Ronnie and Darla were hard to leave--there will never be anyone like them in my life.

Thank you God for all the blessings of the past week. Bless the people who greeted me and those I didn't get to see. We are all your children and the work of your hands.

No comments: