Saturday, January 07, 2006

Brokeback view of sex

All the hoopla about Brokeback Mountain is suspicious. I was glad to hear Gene Shalit of the Today Show say it was overrated. Because its subject is homosexual
"love," those who wish to appear cool and "with it" are jumping on the bandwagon for the movie, calling it a human love story for all time (like Romeo and Juliet?). Bah, Humbug!

Our culture's warped view of sexuality is taking over music, movies, young adult books, TV and advertisements. The most casual observer of the human body must know that the gay approach to "love" is warped. I am not judging or condemning those who are trapped in that lifestyle. In fact, I often feel drawn to their sweetness, gentleness and artistry (not sterotyping, just writing about those I know).

There are other warped views of sexuality in our culture I won't go into. In summary, our very large addictive consumption of the tales of sex served up in the various media mentioned is also a deadly sin. I just wish I could wash it all away.

Come to think of it, that is exactly what Jesus does. Come, Lord Jesus!

No comments: