Monday, March 22, 2010

Wimpy Kid

We went to see Wimpy Kid, and Sheryl and I were wondering--what makes a certain book a phenomenom
while others languish on the shelf?  I know the cartoons attract the kids and the slightly naughty words perhaps, but it is truly junior high speak (maybe that's the draw).  Who knows?  Wish I could write one!

And junior high/middle school--never want to revisit it either as a teacher or a student!  Bless all those long-suffering teachers who love it.

Some good kid's movies coming up, at least the previews were interesting:  A new take on The Karate Kid and Ramona and Beezus.  I had read that Beverly Cleary said she would NEVER allow her books to be made into movies.  Guess the money got too good. 

I think it is a bummer that some of the recent movies are going 3D.  I have not been that impressed with the technology this time around.  Guess I have been around too long.  I think it is just a ploy to make more money, as if....

No comments: