Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Quotes I enjoy

I am a quote collector--I have about 8 journals full of them.  Some of them relate to writing; some to reading; others are inspirational.  I use them mostly as pick-me-ups for me and in making speeches.  It's a good faith-building hobby too.  Here are some I was reading this week:

"You only live once--but it you work it right, once is enough."  Joe E. Lewis

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit."  Helen Keller

"At the heart of God's will is a mystery, and by the art we create to express that mystery, we stir the spirit of worship from age to age, generation to generation in sound and image for his glory."  Chuck Fromm

"I will open my mouth in stories."  Ps. 78:2  The Message

"Why do you tell stories?  He replied...to create readiness, to nudge people toward receptive insight... Matt.13:10-17

"...taking time and going slow nourishes."  Mr. Rogers

"The potential for the sacred is everywhere."  Darryl Tippens

"Start where you are and deepen what you already have."  Thomas Merton

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. "  Elizabeth Stone

No comments: