Monday, October 12, 2009

This and that

It has been a long time since I last blogged--got bogged down in company, conferences and everyday life.
The Zoe Conference was the first weekend of this month--excellent as always--except for the main speaker whom I shall not name--He reminded me of the "evangelists" who would visit my home church every summer equipped with a huge easel of flip charts showing everything from the items in the tabernacle to the placement of hell, paradise and gehenna.  I think the same thought as I did then--Who cares???  Relevancy has taken over in our hearts and minds and the symbolic meaning of items in the tabernacle simply do not cut it when persons are faced with economic disaster, death, and addiction. Mike Cope, Randy Harris, and others did a fine job of inspiring us.  It was wonderful to praise again with the Zoe Group.

If you don't have the new Zoe CD, go to the Zoe website and order one--it is one of the best! 
I enjoyed having Sally Gary for a few days during the conference.  We adopted her when she was Brandon's teacher at Wylie High School.

The most unpleasant thing that has happened to me recently has been bank fraud--someone went into my account on Oct. 2 and Oct. 9 and got all but $3.00.  So if you do not check your bank account frequently, this is a word to the wise.  The Bank of America assures me the money will be back in my account soon--I have changed banks.

Fall has come to us,  and the weather couldn't be more wonderful--60 degrees with the leaves already turning and falling.  Gorgeous!

Right now, I am spending a lot of time getting ready to teach Ladies' Bible Class beginning the 27th. I will be giving them a shortened version of my seminar on Writing Your Spiritual Autobiography.  I am downplaying the term "writing" and using instead "compiling".  People begin to back away from you when writing is mentioned.  Harks back to those days when we received our essays back covered with red chicken scratching , and terms like "Awkward", "Wrong tense", and  'Incomplete sentence".

No comments: