Monday, December 15, 2008

On An Evening in December

On a recent evening in December (Saturday) Mommie and Daddy had to work quite late (2:20 a.m.) and so the 3 munchkins came to spend the night with Nonnie.

After watching Charlie Brown's Christmas, Rudolf, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and various other cartoons, we settled down to bed which quite an adventure. It was Sam's turn to sleep in my bed, but Ella was complaining because she thought she should--so Sam invited her to join us and said he would not feel squished. Queen-Maddie-Who-Doesn't-Like to Be-Touched-While-Sleeping got the pallet on the floor.

I don't think I slept more than 5 minutes at a time, as Ella (a flailer) turned over and over--I was afraid she would fall off, and Sam just burrowed down into his pillow, but he woke up at 1:30 saying he was thirsty, and then again at 5:30 done for the night. All in all it was fun--it is so sweet to watch them all sleeping and peaceful. I came to think that Sam has the profile of my father as I watched him. Beautiful, beautiful children all!!

No comments: