Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas in Song

I love the fact that at least two Nashville radio stations are playing Christmas songs all day--when I turn on the radio, it's like God is giving me a sweet gift. Personally, I have a rather large collection of Christmas CDs, and I begin playing them in my car in early November. I try to buy one a year--my new one this year is Amy Grant's The Christmas Collection. I was somewhat disappointed in this one because it seems to be a rerun of all of her others (which I own and play).

However, not all entertainers can do Christmas--when my alarm came on this week, Bruce Springsteen was singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." Please!!! Not good.

We also began singing Christmas hymns in worship today. I love them all, but some are hard to sing. I've been trying to come up with which one is my favorite--I think it has to be "Joy to the
World." How about you?

No comments: