Monday, October 09, 2006

Zoe Musings

Well, the Zoe Conference is over for another year. It was wonderful in so many ways.

It was good see fellow bloggers like Drew and Matt and meet several of you who say you spend time reading this. Thanks for your interest and your good wishes.

The best thing Sam and I ever did is our son. Permit me a moment to contemplate on this gift God gave us almost 37 years ago. To watch him at Zoe and at Otter is the most fulfilling thing of my life outside of being in Christ. Brandon has a charismatic persona that just reaches out to those who are wanting to worship with him. And he was in his element Friday and Saturday nights at Zoe. The Spirit helped him lift us up before the throne higher than ever. And he is also such a model to those who want to lead their churches in the ways he introduces the music, leads prayers, reads scripture, and shows his joyful spirit as he sings. I have seen too many "song leaders" lead singing with hang-dog faces in my life time--it is wonderful to see Brandon show those teeth that I helped pay for as he leads us.

Thank you God for your gift of my son who regularly leads me to your Son.

No comments: