Friday, October 20, 2006

The joys of libraries

I visited the book sale of the Brentwood Library today. And got 15 books for $8.50--nwo that's a bargain.

This sale is how I feed my mystery at night habit--I will have enough now to last me until the next sale. And of course I donate the books I am finished with to Good Wiil, take them off my income tax and benefit others that way.

The Brentwood Library is a lovely little building set behind 10 red oaks just off Concord Road near me. The trees were a sight to see today--some all red, some yellow and red, and some red, yellow and red. I love red oaks and libraries!

One never sees people coming out of a library frowning (except children who wanted just one more book). As I browsed in my treasures today sitting outside the library door, I observed those who came out. All were carrying bags full of books and smiling.

No comments: