Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bless the Broken Road

I attended my first Selah concert last night at Christ Presbyerian. It was as wonderful as I knew it would be. Good to see the group face to face. I have rhapsodized about them in this space before. Love their music! I did miss Nichole---the sister of Tood who has been called to a ministry in Georgia (with her husband) and who is concentrating on solo work now. I miss her smoky alto.

Selah has a new album: Bless the Broken Road; the Duets Album. It is excellent--the opener is a keeper! Melodie Crittenden ( who sings it on the album) was there last night. I didn't know she was the first to record Broken Road. Of course, Rascal Flatts made it a big hit recently. It plays well here. Other singers on the album include Nichole Nordeman, BarlowGirl, Nicole C. Mullen, Kim Hill (she was there last night and rocked!), Jill Phillips, and Cynthia Clawson.

Go buy it; you won't be sorry.

No comments: