Sunday, February 05, 2006

Saying Goodbye

Over 1,000 worshippers said goodby to the Otter Creek Building today. It was a morning full of memories, old pictures, and sweet singing.

The theme was the faithfulness of God, and the importance of passing our faith on to the next generation. Beginning with the generation who attended the original Otter Creek as children and ending with a reading to the yet unborn member, the psalms read and hymns sung were so tightly integrated that the service just flowed so perfectly. I will have to brag on my son who planned most of the service. There was something for everyone from Rock of Ages to These are the Days of Elijah.

One particular song that really got me was Have You Been To Jesus. I don't when I had last sung this song, but it moved me as I remembered those old creaky wooden floors in the old church in Hamlin where my friends and I responded to God with this song and others.

And now on the bigger and better things for God.

No comments: