Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No Glitz

It seems to me that the Academy Awards show this year was curiously flat.

I do not particularly like Jon Stewart, although he was somewhat kinder in his remarks than I expected. He seemed often uncomfortable among the winners.

There was not much glitz and glamour. No real fashion to talk about--Nicole Kidman was the prettiest one I saw--that necklace!

The production numbers left something to be desired--static and stale, exept for the Central Park song from Enchantment. And speaking of songs--why the one from Once? Because the whole film is obscene--isn't that fun??? Don't understand. The three Disney songs were not up to earlier levels, but I did like the Central Park song.

The winners were the ones I had picked except for best actress. I wanted Julie Christie to win, because I thought she was the strongest. It doesn't take much acting to act the role of the woman who won--another worthless picture too.

I thought Regis Philbin on the red carpet was lame and silly.

Oh,well, in the scheme of things, I guess none of it really mattered. Except when the Academy wants to sell advertising next year.

I am ready for some good new movies.




No comments: