Monday, February 25, 2008

Birthday Weekend

What a wonderful weekend I had! Actually it started Thursday when Doris Colvett gave me an
"unbirthday" party with several of my favorite friends there. Good food and conversation--my favorite combination.

Then on Friday, I received a book from Jeanenne by Barbara Brown Taylor The Preaching Life. As I have said here before, Taylor is one of my esteemed reads. And Kaye Price-Hawkins sent a beautiful book Golden Legacy which is the history of the Little Golden Books ( fun reading for a children's literature buff). After more gifts, including a beautiful flower arrangement from Sally Gary and some very hip jewelry from Ronnie and Darla, I really felt warmed and filled!

Then came Saturday and a mystery birthday with Brandon, Sheryl and the kids--we went to see his cast rehearse their Broadway show--Wow--what talent. Then to the Hill Center in Green Hills to eat at Nero's and a shopping tour of Swoozie's and Antropologie. Brandon and Sheryl also gave me a collection of e-mails that they had collected from friends and relatives with well-wishes to me.

Not bragging, just joyful. My cup runneth over. Thanks to all the friends and relatives who sent messages and cards and for the totally undeserved comments. I shall treasure them all.

No comments: