Friday, December 07, 2007

It's All Finally Done

It has taken me longer to decorate for Christmas this year than ever before. Whew! Maybe it is because I paused too long to look at each decoration and remember the times and events associated with it. Maybe it is because I am slowing down--Nah!

As always, my house looks wonderfully decorated. Lights and glitter do a lot for any venue. As you decorate, look at each item and think about the good times: For example, one year Sam decided he wanted to decorate eggs. Not like Easter, but like Christmas. One has to put 2 tiny holes in the egg, blow out the contents, let the egg dry and then put whatever decorations on or in the half egg one desires like sequins, glitter, felt, etc. Yes, they are very fragile. I have three left out of about a dozen that he did. Another year he made door jinglers (for lack of a better word) out of huge bells, some pieces of rope and bits of holly and ribbon. I have two and Brandon has some, I believe.

There are decorations on my tree from the Netherlands, the Holy Land and Alaska--all gifts of friends and relatives, plus the one I brought back on the plane from the Virgin Islands. I have very few of the original Christmas balls Sam and I started with, but I treasure those tattered and worn ones I have left.

At any rate, all jobs go faster if Christmas music is playing and popcorn is popping. Happy decorating!

No comments: