Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Tidbits

Blog time has been lost in Christmas preparations and other duties. Here goes for the last 10 days or so:

Brandon's resignation was a much-prayed over, well-thought-out decision. While I know it was necessary and some time in coming, it has made me sad. Fortunately, I had him as my worship leader for three years. That doesn't make going back to Otter any easier for me. I pray and believe the change will be good for him, for Sheryl, and for their future with the Lord. So many, many places to minister in the world outside the halls of the church building!

Yes, the floor was covered in paper; yes, little people were beside themselves in excitement; yes, it happens every year....but this year was so fun! I am paying back Brandon back for his sometimes loud music by giving the girls boom boxes and the opportunity to play their choice of music (but, kindly, I also gave them headphones to use too.) Sam seemed to like his rocket, garage, and huge transport truck filled with little Hot-Wheels-like cars.

This gift-giving time is always special as I remember the Christmases before Sam died and Brandon grew up. We all loved Christmas and all it entailed--the lights, the tree, the shopping, the music, the food, the traveling to see relatives. Now its time to make memories for some more Thomases.

Santa was so good to all of us. I thank him for the symbol he is of love and caring and giving. I thank God for sending Jesus to love, care and give to us.

I hope all my readers had wonderful days and will have a promising New Year.

No comments: