Monday, May 21, 2007

Summer

The delicious early days of summer are finally here. Those days when the morning is cool and airy and the afternoons are bearable leading into evenings when sitting outside is a must in the cool night air.

I am not a summer person. I hate hot weather. I hate to sweat. I hate those high summer air-conditioning bills. I suppose I could refuse to run the air conditioning--but I refuse to be hot in my own house.

Summer takes on a different face when one is retired. I can no longer look forward to weeks without school and the blessed relief of staying home.

Now the long summer days stretch before me to be filled with family and grandchildren. I look forward to accompanying them to the pool and cooking in the back yard. Still a nice thought.

Welcome, summer.

No comments: