Sunday, May 20, 2007

Miss Potter

Doris Colvett and I finally found a good movie yesterday. The critic called it an oddball movie! If he meant that a movie without sex and violence and full of beautiful scenery is oddball, we have come to a pretty pass in our entertainment. Miss Potter is the life story of Beatrix Potter, the creator of Peter Rabbit. Right away, you see why I liked it.

A gorgeous, old-fashioned movie set around 1902, this story of a lonely single woman who upturns the children's book industry single-handedly and falls in love with her publisher is so good!!!I give it 5 stars. Set mostly in the Lake Country and the Isle of Man of England, the scenery is absolutely heavenly. Miss Potter's creation of Peter and subsequent characters is fascinating. The movie has not received much publicity and was showing only at our art theater The Belcourt here in Nashville. I am so sorry the general population will not even have the opportunity to see the movie.

Peter Rabbit is still the best-selling children's book of all time--more copies than even the Bible.

If it comes to your area, support good movies by taking your friends to see it. It is worth the money and time, believe me. I plan to buy the DVD so I can enjoy it again.

No comments: