Is it too early to begin pondering what good can come out of the Katrina tragedy?
Here are some things I have been thinking about:
1. We all appreciate our ordered, blessed lives so much more.
2. Millions of people who never thought of the poor before are now down in the trenches working for them and their benefit.
3. God's hand can be seen in the hands of millions of helping volunteers.
4. TV networks have found that news can supplant the tabloid coverage and survive.
5. Not one word the past few days about Michael Jackson.
6. Thousands of the poor now have a second chance to build a life.
7. Many of the less savory places in New Orleans are forever gone.
8. Churches here in Nashville are working together in an unprecedented effort to help.
9. Those involved in governmental affairs have seen first hand how their cuts and bickering affect real people.
l0. My taxes and federal monies are pouring into helping PEOPLE, not killing them.