Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Heads up

I received a very discomforting letter last week--an invitation to the 50th anniversary of my high school graduation. We were only a class of 42 and several have died, so it will be a small group.

I have been thinking about what a different person I am 50 years after Hamlin High School. Not only has my body changed shape,and my hair changed color, but my mind has a different shape as well.I have gone from being a graduate who had no idea what she wanted to do in life, to a 67 year-old-person who has retired from what she didn't know what she wanted to do (librarian). I have developed from a born and bred member of the church of Christ to a Christian whose mind has been opened in so many ways letting traditions and practices of others drop in. I have even become a Tennessean!

I know that others in my class have experienced the same transformations. I am looking forward to seeing them again in September.

No comments: