Friday, November 10, 2006

Four best days

As a corollary to "the good old days discussion", Sandy Collins asked, "What were the four best days of your life?"

I have been thinking about that all week. My four are:

My wedding day to Sam Thomas 44 years ago at the College Church Chapel in Abilene, Texas. I did not really know until later what a catch I had made.

The day of Brandon's birth, November 15, 1969. Every mother knows what I am talking about. (more about him next week on his birthday)

April 14, 1989 when I was named by the Texas Library Assn. the outstanding children's librarian of the year in Texas. TLA was in Houston that year. The Abilene superintendent of schools had Sam and Brandon flow in for the ceremonies as a surprise--what fun to be recognized by one's peers and family for a lifetime of work!

The wedding day of Brandon and Sheryl. I already knew what a treasure she is and to know that Brandon would spend his life with her made me so blubberly happy. Sam and I had prayed for Sheryl, and He blessed us.

I will have to add a fifth day: The birth of Madeline Gail Thomas five years ago. The births of Ella and Sam were special too, but I have run out of days. What a joy to be a grandmother to such beautiful children.

Thanks you God for these days and others when your blessing poured out like honey on my head.

No comments: