Saturday, May 14, 2005

Taking time

In preparing to talk about Sabbath tomorrow, I have been rereading To Everything a Season: A Spirituality of Time by Bonnie Thurston. In an exercise, she suggests that the reader do a time log of a week of life, examining where time goes. Then discover what the top three timefillers were and ask, "Is this the way I want to spend the precious minutes of my life?" As the reader reflects, Thurston suggests taking a look at the things you "took time" for and the things you want to "make time for", things that delight you.

"You might be surprised to discover that they are not only the things that sustain and energize you and bring you joy--they are, in fact, the very things God uses to call you along your unique path; your heart's desires are at the heart of God's call to you."

As I reflected on the life-enhancing and life-diminishing things in my time, I had to wonder if God is using my writing as part of his call to me? It and this blog is certainly one of the things I delight in doing. And what about going to movies--does that count too?

Thank you God for kairos time to delight in you and your blessings to me.

No comments: